LA BRACCESCA VINO NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO
New
Name

LA BRACCESCA VINO NOBILE DI MONTEPULCIANO

Producer
Year
2017
Blend
Sangiovese (Prugnolo Gentile) 90% e Merlot 10%
Share
Obsequium Friends Price
16
20

The Nobile di Montepulciano signed La Braccesca, property of the Antinori family, is an elegant and incisive version of Sangiovese. In this red coexist the determined and strong character typical of this grape and the trait of material softness and fatness of Merlot, which participates in a small but fundamental part in the blend of composition. The La Braccesca winery has a global area of ​​508 hectares, divided into two production poles: the historic one located in the Montepulciano area and the more modern located on the slopes of the Cortona hills. From the first comes this Nobile di Montepulciano, full of all the character of the territory, which very well outlines the profile not only of the grapes, but also of the resulting wine.

The Rosso Nobile di Montepulciano La Braccesca is obtained from 90% Sangiovese and the remaining 10% Merlot. The grapes are harvested at their complete maturity, which can take place at different times for the two varieties. A maceration of the must on the skins precedes the vinification, which consists of a first phase of alcoholic fermentation in steel containers and a subsequent malolactic fermentation that takes place inside large barrels. In the same, the wine formed begins the phase of maturation, which lasts about 12 months. Once bottled, another year of bottle aging awaits it.

The Braccesca Nobile di Montepulciano has an intense ruby ​​red color. A multifaceted bouquet opens in memories of red fruit, violet and tobacco, set against a spicy background. The taste corresponds to the aromatic content already perceived on the nose, in the hints of currant, blackberry and cherry. A soft body balances the sensitive tannic component well managed which results in a velvety sip. A version of Sangiovese that will persuade all palates.